Workshop - Specialised Blocks - Advanced Beginners
10am to 1pm
Learn to make different seasonal blocks each month. Each month we will learn the techniques for a different block, for advanced beginners.
In these workshops you'll learn:
- Different and unique quilting blocks.
- How to assemble your fabric pieces (you must have machine sewing experience; see below)
- How to iron in quilting
- The specific cutting and assembly methods used in a more complex quilt block
- Each student will make one complete quilt block, approx 12" finished
- We will provide cutting mats, rotary cutters and rulers to share.
- Each student will have access to a basic sewing machine, we recommend that if you have a sewing machine, to bring it with you.
Please note this is not a learn-to-sew class. Students must have basic machine sewing knowledge and be comfortable using a sewing machine.
Fabric kits will be available to purchase during the workshop.